Next up: MerleFest 2022!
Acoustic Kids has been a part of every MerleFest since 2001. (Well, except for 2020 and 2021.) Each year, we host three 1.5-hour showcases and a 25-minute Acoustic Kids Ambassadors set.
Through the years, some amazing young musicians have come through Acoustic Kids at MerleFest. Some go on to play professionally, but most play just for the fun of it. The festival’s in the heart of “Traditional Plus Music” (to borrow a term from Doc Watson) country, and many kids in the region play music. The well is very deep, and with 5 hours of stage time, Acoustic Kids – MerleFest is a fast-paced, varied, and exciting glimpse into the future of Americana Music. We can assure you, “The music is in good handsTM!”
- Due to the unusual circumstances, and to be fair, those who would have been age-eligible for Acoustic Kids, MerleFest 2020, will be eligible for AK MerleFest 2022: If you were 16 or younger on 4/23/2020, you will be able to register for the 2022 showcases!
- Participants who had registered for 2020 or 2021 will have a spot in the 2022 showcase. (You will need to register for 2022 so we get current info and demos.)
- For everyone’s safety and well-being, Acoustic Kids will follow MerleFest’s Safety Protocol during our showcases and our pre-showcase meetings. This protocol is updated weekly based on recommendations from public health officials as the COVID situation evolves. Please be sure to check these guidelines from week-to-week as we get closer to festival time and contact the festival if you have any questions or concerns about them.
- Registration Registration period extended! Registration open through 3/26/2022 Please register as soon as possible so we can get started processing registrations.
- Follow us on FaceBook for updates.
2022 Showcase Schedule (Updated 3/17/22):
Friday, April 29: 5:15 pm – 6:45 pm – Mayes Pit
Saturday, April 30:
- 11:00 am-12:30 pm – Dance Stage
- 6:00 pm-7:30 pm – Mayes Pit
- 3:15 pm-3:45 pm – Cabin Stage