Next up: MerleFest 2023 !
Acoustic Kids has been a part of every MerleFest since 2001. (Well, except for 2020 and 2021.) Each year, we host three 1.5-hour showcases and a 25-minute Acoustic Kids Ambassadors set.
Through the years, some amazing young musicians have come through Acoustic Kids at MerleFest. Some go on to play professionally, but most play just for the fun of it. The festival’s in the heart of “Traditional Plus Music” (to borrow a term from Doc Watson) country, and many kids in the region play music. The well is very deep, and with 5 hours of stage time, Acoustic Kids – MerleFest is a fast-paced, varied, and exciting glimpse into the future of Americana Music. We can assure you, “The music is in good handsTM!”
- Participants must be 18 or younger on the first day of the festival.
- For everyone’s safety and well-being, Acoustic Kids will follow MerleFest’s Safety Protocol during our showcases and our pre-showcase meetings. This protocol is updated weekly based on recommendations from public health officials as the COVID situation evolves. Please be sure to check these guidelines from week-to-week as we get closer to festival time and contact the festival if you have any questions or concerns about them.
- Registration is open from 2/1/2023 through 3/20/2023 or until all showcases are full. Register early!
- Follow us on FaceBook for updates.
2023 Showcase Schedule:
Friday, April 28: 5:15 pm – 6:45 pm – Mayes Pit
Saturday, April 29:
- 11:00 am-12:30 pm – Dance Stage
- 5:45 pm-7:15 pm – Mayes Pit
- 3:15 pm-3:45 pm – Cabin Stage