August 12, 2017 – Copper Mountain, Colorado (map)
- Showcase: 6-8 p.m. – West Lake Stage
- Ambassadors show: 11:40-11:55 a.m. – Main Stage
Acoustic Kids, which was born in 1990 at the Midwinter Bluegrass Festival in Fort Collins, returned to Colorado in 2015 for Guitar Town at Copper Mountain. Back now for our third year, Acoustic Kids – Guitar Town 2017 will be a great chance for festival-goers to see some up-and-coming young guitar players from the region in addition to the legendary players the festival brings in every year.
The main Acoustic Kids Showcase will be held Saturday, August 12 from 6:00-8:00 p.m. on the West Lake Stage. We will take applications June 1 through July
15 22. (Please check the Application Instructions for details.)
Last year, we introduced our Acoustic Kids Ambassadors, to the Guitar Town audience. A spin-off of the regular Acoustic Kids Showcases, the main stage Acoustic Kids Ambassadors show allows us to give young emerging artists a spotlight as they represent the Acoustic Kids program to a broader audience.
Big news! This year Acoustic Kids Ambassadors will open the Main Stage on Saturday! They’ll be on from 11:40-11:55 a.m. These young professionals will leave you no room for doubt that, “the music is in good hands!”
Acoustic Kids Ambassadors are chosen from among the Acoustic Kids Showcase participants. Apply here
- Our Guitar Town showcase is a little different from our other showcases in that, in keeping with the focus of the festival, we feature guitar players. If there is room in the showcase, we will be happy to include players of other instruments. Please do apply if you play another instrument and would like to participate.
- The application period is June 1 through July
- Andy will contact all applicants on or by August 1, 2017.
- Performance demos of up to three pieces are a required part of the application. These may be submitted via URLs for online video (YouTube, Facebook, etc. – preferred method), on CD or DVD, via the online application, or via dropbox.com.
- Full instructions and FAQ