Acoustic Guitar, Vocals
Presley Barker has been playing acoustic guitar since he was eight. Living in the NC mountains and listening to Doc Watson on the radio inspired Presley to begin picking fiddle tunes and bluegrass music. He has been influenced and mentored by Steve Lewis, Wayne Henderson, and Bryan Sutton and has quickly emerged as an astonishingly gifted flat-picker.
He has appeared on NBC Today Show with Al Roker as part of IBMA World of Bluegrass in Raleigh, NC, National Folk Festival, Richmond Folk Festival, Lowell Folk Festival, Masters of Steel String Guitar Event in Washington, D.C., PBS Song of the Mountains Show, Blue Ridge Music Center, Houstonfest, and Merlefest. Presley also appeared on NBC’s “Little Big Shots” with Steve Harvey and “Wonderama” TV show in New York City, and on the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville, TN, with Country Music Hall of Fame and Bluegrass Hall of Fame member Ricky Skaggs.
Presley released his first solo album entitled “JUST-TEN” in the fall of 2015 and was so honored to be on the Bluegrass Today Airplay Chart.
- Touring: NC, will travel to TN and VA
- 2018: Invited to play The Grand Ole Opry by Bluegrass Music Hall of Fame Member and Country Music Hall of Fame Member Ricky Skaggs
- 2017: 1st place Adult Guitar at the Galax Old Fiddler’s Convention, Virginia; 1st Place- Wayne C. Henderson Guitar Competition, Virginia
- 2016: West Virginia State Flatpicking Guitar Champion
- 2015: 1st place Adult Guitar at the Galax Old Fiddler’s Convention, Virginia
- Former Bands:
- Wayne Henderson & Friends
- In Acoustic Kids:
- (336) 902-0931
Thoughts on Acoustic Kids:
I always loved to play on the Cabin Stage with Acoustic Kids. MerleFest is the first festival that I ever got to play; Larry Skipper introduced me to Acoustic Kids and Andy invited me to play. I am thankful for each opportunity.