Acoustic Kids Showcases, born in 1990 at the Midwinter Bluegrass Festival in Fort Collins, came home to Colorado in 2015 for Guitar Town at Copper Mountain. (“Three FREE days of the world’s best guitarists!”) An annual event at the festival ever since, Acoustic Kids – Guitar Town gives young musicians the chance to play the festival stage and gives festival-goers the chance to see some up-and-coming players from the region. As always in Acoustic Kids, players of all skill levels are welcome in our showcase!
- All instruments welcome! The Guitar Town showcase is not limited to guitars.
- Register: June 1 until filled – or until July 15, whichever comes first.
- Instructions and FAQ
Acoustic Kids Ambassadors: A spin-off of Acoustic Kids Showcases, the main stage Acoustic Kids Ambassadors allows us to give young emerging artists a spotlight as they represent the Acoustic Kids program to a broader audience. Since 2016, the Acoustic Kids Ambassadors have opened Guitar Town’s main stage on Saturday. These young professionals leave no room for doubt that, “the music is in good handsTM” Acoustic Kids Ambassadors are chosen from among the Acoustic Kids Showcase participants.
The Guitar Town Performance Workshop: Learn from Legends: Presented by Andy May and sponsored by Rocky Mountain Guitar Camp, this program features Guitar Town artists and includes a panel discussion and Q&A session on performing and one-on-one mentoring sessions with these legendary performers. Pre-registration is required for the mentoring sessions.
- Register for a mentoring session: July 1 until filled – or until August 1, whichever comes first. (See details)
Friday, August 7
- The Guitar Town Performance Workshop: Learn from the Legends: 3:30-6:00 p.m. – Conference Center
- Panel (Panelists: Guitar Town Artists – TBA)
- One-on-one Mentoring sessions (Mentors: Guitar Town Artists – TBA)
Saturday, August 8
- Ambassadors show: 11:40-11:55 a.m. – Main Stage
- Acoustic Kids Showcase: 6-8 p.m. – West Lake Stage