The application period for 2016 Acoustic Kids – Winfield will be July 1 – August 15. Please check back closer to that time for this year’s details. Meanwhile, you can always follow us on Facebook! And, here are some pictures from 2015 for you! 🙂
September 18 & 19, 2015: 9-11am – Stage 2, Winfield, Kansas
Please read this information carefully – it will help you when you fill out the application!
Program Notes: Things you should know about Acoustic Kids:
- This is not a contest! It is an opportunity to perform before a supportive festival audience. Music is inherently a cooperative activity, not a competitive one, and Acoustic Kids wants to foster that spirit. We welcome young musicians of all skill levels.
- Participation is simply an opportunity for festival attendees: there is neither an additional charge nor compensation for participating.
- Accompanists are allowed.
- We have many talented performers to fit into every showcase. In the interest of fairness, each selected performer will perform 1 to 3 pieces ONLY, depending on time available and other factors. Groups may be allotted more time if they have more than one featured performer.
- Professionalism and mutual support are a big part of Acoustic Kids!
- Acoustic Kids are introduced on stage by name, age and hometown.
- This showcase is a public forum. Photographs and video of Acoustic Kids performances are used in print and electronic media (websites, Facebook, e‐newsletters, etc.) related to the Acoustic Kids program and the Walnut Valley Festival. Audience members and journalists may also post or otherwise share photos or videos of your child(ren).
Visit acoustickids.com for more information on the philosophy and history behind Andy May’s Acoustic Kids Showcases.
- Acoustic Kids must be 16 or younger on September 20, 2015, to be eligible for the Walnut Valley Festival Showcases. Accompanists, including band-mates, may be any age.
- Age-eligible musicians of any skill level are welcome to apply.
- You may use either the On-line Application Form or the Printable Application Form to apply.
- The application deadline is August 24, 2015!
- Andy will contact all applicants on or by September 1, 2015.
- Performance demos of up to three pieces are a required part of the application. Participants will perform one or more of their demo songs for the showcase; Andy will let selected applicants know which one(s) he’d like them to perform. Demos may be submitted on CD or DVD, via the online application, or via URLs for online video (YouTube, Facebook, etc.).
- Please use recent recordings so Andy will see the current skill level of your child and can plan the showcases accordingly.
- Accompanists may be any age, but they MUST be included in your demo and identified on your application in order to perform in the showcase. (They do not need to submit their own application, however.)
- Online video: Please make sure the videos are not designated “Private.” If they are private, Andy won’t be able to access them!
- Media files are often too large to email. Please consider uploading them to an online service (YouTube, Sound Cloud, FaceBook, etc) or via the online application form rather than trying to email demos.
- Mail CDs or DVDs to: Andy May, Acoustic Kids, PO Box 231, Gladeville, TN 37071
- Using the same form, you may apply as an individual only, as part of a group only, or as both.
- Featured performers must be age-eligible to be Acoustic Kids (under the age of 17).
- Completely fill out one application form for each group-member younger than 17.
- Band‐mates may be any age.
- Only one set of demos is needed for the group.
- Please make sure all phone numbers and email addresses you provide are accurate. Andy will need to be able to contact parents of all applicants.
- Mail printed applications to the address below. If you are not submitting everything together (emailing part and postal-mailing part, for example), make sure we can match them up: Put the applicant’s name & your preferred contact info on both.
- Please make the subject line of any email very clear, for example: Acoustic Kids Application-Walnut Valley Fest-Jane Doe.
- By submitting an application, you affirm the following:
- You are the parent or legal guardian of the applicant.
- You have read the Eligibility Guidelines, Application Instructions and Program Notes.
- You understand and agree to the showcase terms, as described in the Eligibility Guidelines, Application Instructions and Program Notes.
- You give the Walnut Valley Festival, Acoustic Kids and Andy May permission to take and use photos and/or videos of your child related to the showcase.
- Questions? Please email email@example.com
- All materials must be received by the deadline!
- Submit to:
- Andy May, Acoustic Kids, PO Box 231, Gladeville, TN 37071
On-line Application Form: http://andymay.com/acoustic-kids-application-walnut-valley-fest-2015/
Printable Application Form: http://andymay.com/wp-content/uploads/2015-Acoustic-Kids-Walnut-Valley-Fest-Application-Printable.pdf